Please change the 2.4.0 input field's resize behaviour

Mark Scott mark at codebrewer.com
Mon Mar 3 07:11:49 EST 2008

Hi Anthony,

Anthony Catel wrote:

> You can change the number of lines displayed on /pidgin/gtkconv.c line :
> 4388/4389

Yes, modifying the source and building my own binary would certainly be
possible.  However, I'd rather not have to do this for each subsequent
release, and a patch to make the input field resizable at runtime would
be more complex than simply hard-coding a larger fixed size.

I see that another user has filed a bug report in the Debian BTS :

I think I'll wait to see what the Pidgin developers think of the request
to revert to the previous behaviour (or what the Debian package
maintainers think of applying a patch) before I start rolling my own
packages.

Thanks & regards,

--
Mark Scott