Please change the 2.4.0 input field's resize behaviour

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Mon Mar 3 16:03:58 EST 2008

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 10:07:33PM +0100, Festival.Star wrote:
> Again. Why not implementing both beahviours? I don't see any reason that
> would be in conflict with that. The user can decide which default size
> the message window has and he has the feature of auto resizing as well.
> Where is the problem?

It proved inaccurate and prone to failure to attempt to allow both manual
sizing and auto-resizing. 2.3.1 had this problem.

Whether an option to switch between autosizing and manual sizing is needed
is exactly what I'm hoping to get out of this discussion (and the
discussion currently progressing in #pidgin).

    -Etan