Why pressure featuers you like your self?

afceier afceier at broadpark.no
Wed Mar 5 15:43:04 EST 2008

Two major things i noticed with this release:
1. smaller icons in the buddy list.
I personally don't mind this too much. But i can bet my left arm that
some people with bad eye sight will be annoyed by this.

2. The removal of the _option_ to resize the text window.
I thought first this was a bug, and wanted to confirm it on irc. I
got it confirmed that it was fully intended. Then I got a hostile
feeling since i didn't like the removal. For me the main problem is
that the whole IM window doesn't feel "right". Something is wrong,
and for me it is!

That youre getting more features into the program is great. But that
you're removing the old once cause you personally like the new once
best is kinda lame.
Why not make it an option? Why I and others like the old visual
better doesn't really matter. We are all different and we have different taste.
I don't see why giving us the options to choose is bad? And when i
asked why you didn't make these features/changes as options. Things
got hostile.

I read the mail archive and other have had the same opinion as myself
and has gotten the same hostile attitude. They have to explain why
they like the old pre-change better. They have to actually explain
their TASTE! When instead of pressure the user into something new you
could just add the option for the "new/old"
And when all is said and done. The user get in the face: Its open
source, make the changes yourself *case closed*. When most users
don't have the ability/skill to do so. Yes no one has had to pay you
for the software, but even so you're not making it for yourself
alone, cause then i and others wouldn't be using it as i write this.

I hope for options (soon) in the future. Or i have to again search
for a new IM client. I really hope not to. Since Pidgin has worked
great just erupted by the client isn't always synced to the server,
so its half disconnected(MSN). But after i read the change log for
the new version i hoped maybe this would be fixed. Then i got some
others surprises as i have talked about.