Behavior makes me cry

Kevin Stange kevin at simguy.net
Wed Mar 5 16:27:50 EST 2008

Peter Spotts wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 16:01 -0500, Etan Reisner wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 04:01:42PM -0500, Peter Spotts wrote:
>>> Although I have no dog in this hunt, I see folks'  point. As a
>>> workaround, can someone offer up the right line in the right source-code
>>> file to change 4 to 10 (or whatever). Then one could just edit the line
>>> and recompile!
>>>
>>> Pete
>> Anthony Catel did exactly that in the second post to the 'Please change
>> the 2.4.0 input field's resize behaviour' thread.
>>
>>     -Etan
>
> Since I'm not a code kind of guy (with all those nested parens), double
> check me on the change here:

> /* Show a maximum of 4 lines */
> lines = MIN(lines, 4);
> wrapped_lines = MIN(MAX(wrapped_lines, 2), 4);

> /* Show a maximum of 4 lines */
> lines = MIN(lines, 4);
> wrapped_lines = MIN(MAX(wrapped_lines, 10), 4);

This change would ensure that the input area is fixed at 4 lines always,
because it would resolve so MAX(?, 10) always resolves to 10 or higher
and thus MIN(10+, 4) would always resolve to 4.  The 2 in the original
code represents the minimum size and the 4 represents the maximum size
to expand to.

Kevin