Problems with compilatio at Solaris 10x86

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Thu Mar 6 13:16:12 EST 2008

João Luís Camilo Borges spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Hi! I am trying to install pidgin-2.3.1 at my Solaris 10 x86. I run
> ./configure then it pass with some warnings but no errors. But, when I run
> make I got this error:

This sort of error normally occurs when your perl was built with a
different compiler than that which you are using to build Pidgin.  If
you need perl support, you'll need to either build a new version of
perl with the same compiler you intend to use for Pidgin, or build
Pidgin with the compiler you used for perl.  If you don't, you can
probably fix this with --disable-perl.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.