Behavior makes me cry

Sascha Vogt FunkyFish at gmx.net
Sat Mar 8 13:27:38 EST 2008

Hi,

Festival.Star schrieb:
> "- We ARE NOT interested in reverting behavior just because some vocal
> group of users don't like it but can't come up with any reason why it. "
> <- Sorry but that is not right. Every usere except one has written a lot
> of reasons why they don't like that feature. The thing is you don't
> accept that reasons.
I think you got something wrong here. While it's true, that a lot of
people wrote reasons, iirc they all basically only had one reason in
various flavours: I want to have control over the size myself, because I
like it better that way. Some paraphrased it with "it's my taste", "it
looks better for me", "I want to waste space to balance the looking".

Most did not explain, why they'd like it better. These are just personal
tastes and didn't affect any usage.
And that's what it's all about: The Pidgin devs if I (IMHO) get them
right, don't want to take personal tastes into account but only
usability. "I want to control it myself" is not a usability issue. It
doesn't specify why you want to control it yourself. And that is missing
in most of the user feedback.

Greetings
-Sascha-