G-Talk w/version 2.4.0

Stu Tomlinson stu at nosnilmot.com
Mon Mar 10 00:03:00 EDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-09 at 23:41 -0400, John W. Moore III wrote:
> When I Upgraded to 2.4.0 I lost the ability to Log-In to G-Talk.

>From the logs you did provide in #pidgin earlier today it was looking
like there was a problem initializing the SASL library that we use for
authentication (this is a new library for Windows users).

I'm still waiting to see the log from Pidgin startup that might explain
the error you were getting.

For interested observers, the error was "sasl_state is -12" which means
that SASL thought it was not initialized at the time authentication was
attempted.

Regards,

Stu.