G-Talk w/version 2.4.0

Merkaba terranceb at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 08:03:30 EDT 2008

John W. Moore III-2 wrote:

> When I Upgraded to 2.4.0 I lost the ability to Log-In to G-Talk.
>
> I have the same Settings I was successful with under 2.3.1.  Anybody
> have any suggestions?  I am thinking of Deleting the Account and
> creating it 'New' again.

I've also discovered that my Google Talk account is far more susceptible to
disconnects in Pidgin 2.4.0.  I know that at various points this weekend I
was unable to connect to Google Talk using any Jabber clients such as
Pidgin, Gajim, etc.

I get the following messages in my debug window when I get disconnected from
Google Talk:

(13:54:56) account: Disconnecting account 01AD1758
> (13:54:56) connection: Disconnecting connection 06570320
> (13:54:56) connection: Deactivating keepalive.
> (13:54:56) jabber: jabber_actions: have pep: YES
> (13:54:56) connection: Destroying connection 06570320

I've deleted my old Google talk account and re-added it to no avail.  Using
2.3.1. I've got no problems with it.  Both my Google Talk and Jabber
accounts show error messages in Pidgin.  Google Talk receives an error code
501 while my Jabber account receives an error code 503.