Re: Characters such as "ö" or "ü" in status description crash Pidgin

Adam sn8kbordin at gmail.com
Sat May 10 14:50:56 EDT 2008

When I enter those characters by myself it doesn't crash.
Also when MusicTracker enters them, it crashes Pidgin. And then makes Pidgin
forget all IM account settings and forces me to set up everything again.
I found that by editing ACCOUNTS.XML file to remove just those characters
from statuses it makes Pidgin work fine again with all my IM accounts like
they were set before.

Adam

2008/5/9 Ethan Blanton <elb at pidgin.im>:

> Adam spake unto us the following wisdom:
> > Characters like "ü" in status crash Pidgin. I noticed that when
> MusicTracker
> > was changing my status and put in Motley Crüe in the status.
> > Can it be fixed?
>
> Does this crash when you enter such a string yourself?  I am aware of
> no such bugs.
>
> The MusicTracker plugin is known to be buggy in *many* ways -- I
> suspect this is a bug in the plugin, not in Pidgin.
>
> Ethan
>
> --
> The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws [that have no remedy
> for evils].  They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor
> determined to commit crimes.
>                -- Cesare Beccaria, "On Crimes and Punishments", 1764

Adam
http://www.last.fm/user/AdamLS8/