Bundled buddy icons was: Re: 2 questions

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Fri May 16 13:06:38 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 09:00:34AM +0100, Phil Hannent wrote:
> Etan Reisner wrote:
> >Ah, I was unaware that Yahoo provided default buddy icons that one could
> >select to use for themselves. Yes, that helps clarify what may have been
> >going on in this train wreck of an email thread.
> That is not a bad idea for adding a feature.  Pidgin could bundle 20
> generic buddy icons and default the buddy icon selector to that folder.
> The GTK file picker offers a preview before you pick so it is not a lot of
> effort for an added feature.  Thoughts?
>
> Regards
> Phil Hannent

Other than the added size of the tarball/installer I don't see a problem
with this. Oh, and let us not forget that choosing the default icons would
be a nightmarish proposition practically guaranteed to make a number of
people angry. But putting that aside I don't really care much one way or
the other.

	-Etan