problems connecting to a xmpp server

J. Manuel Velasco - UBILIBET tech at ubilibet.com
Tue May 20 08:26:46 EDT 2008

Hello,

I manage a XMPP Server for the office. This is configured to get users
through LDAP. The rest of users at the office use a Windows client
called Pandion, but I am using pidgin since I am a GNU/Linux user and
junior administrator :)

Well, the intro is not relevant for the post, but anyway.

My problem is that I can't connect to the server and I don't know the
reason.

The server configuration is the following:
Nombre del Servidor: 	pedralbes.ubilibet.com
Puertos del Servidor
1: IP:Puerto, Seguridad: 	127.0.0.1:5269, NORMAL
    Nombre(s) de Dominio: 	pedralbes.ubilibet.com
2: IP:Puerto, Seguridad: 	127.0.0.1:5222, NORMAL
    Nombre(s) de Dominio: 	pedralbes.ubilibet.com
3: IP:Puerto, Seguridad: 	127.0.0.1:5223, TLS (SSL)
    Nombre(s) de Dominio: 	pedralbes.ubilibet.com
Ambiente
Versión y Fabricante de la JVM: 	1.5.0_09 Sun Microsystems Inc. -- Java
HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
Servidor de Aplicaciones: 	Jetty/5.1.x
SO / Hardware: 	Linux / amd64

I add an account in pidgin with the following data:
Protocol: XMPP
ScreenName: manou (a valid LDAP user)
Domain: pedralbes.ubilibet.com (server address)
Resource: I don't what to type so I type Pandion that is the resource I
see for the other users connected
Password: the right LDAP user password
Local Alias: manou

In advanced section:
I set the option Requires SSL/TLS
Conection port: 5223
Conecting to the server: pedralbes.ubilibet.com
I leave proxys for file transfers in blank and the type of proxy is No
proxy.

Log file is attached.

Please, anybody can guide to solve this problem. The strange thing is
that before I could connect with no problems, but I don't know when and
why, start problems.

Thanks in advance for any try.

All beings be happy