Question about Gaim 1.5

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Wed May 21 19:43:29 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 04:37:29PM -0700, Sean Whalen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was just curious where I can find different Gaim themes. Sofar I’ve only been able to find Tango and Grystal, respectively.

Do you mean smiley themes or GTK+ themes? Smiley themes are found around
as they happen to exist, there isn't a central location for them that I
know of (though one could be started on the pidgin wiki). GTK+ themes are
found at various GTK+ theme sites around the internet.

> Also, this may sound silly but how do you change your theme?

Pidgin smiley themes are changed via the Preferences dialog. GTK+ themes
are changed by a GTK+ theme changer, your Desktop Environment, the GTK+
Theme Selector tool (in Windows), or manually in the ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file.

> I’d appreciate any feedback if you can.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sean

One further note, you do realize that 1.5.0 was released almost
three years ago at this point and is seriously out of date, right?

	-Etan