change the nickname of a buddy

TiltingJanet schmittsteve at hotmail.com
Thu May 22 18:59:23 EDT 2008

Odd, The Nick/Alias should then be ready to accept Your New version and
then 'Set' it with an <ENTER> click.  Have You tried doing this?

That was the answer, John.  The change was so subtle that I didn't see it.
All that happened was the name highlighted.  Maybe if it had a rectangle
around it and a cursor inside, I would have noticed that it was in an edit
mode.

Also, in the context menu, when you see "Alias...", the "..." indicates to
me that I should expect to see a new dialog pop up when I click it.  That's
the usual convention on Windows, anyway.  So when no dialog popped up, I
assumed it was broken.

Thanks so much for your help.