Use same profile across Windows XP and Linux

Ashish Vashisht ashish.vashisht at gmail.com
Fri May 23 05:05:15 EDT 2008

Hi

I have a system set up to dual boot and use the same Pidgin profile across
Windows and Linux (Similar to what is described here:
http://lifehacker.com/348858/use-a-single-data-store-when-dual-booting)

I use my Windows (NTFS file system) folder to store the profile and it is
soft linked to my linux profile folder.

Everything works fine, with the exception that if I change plugin
configurations from inside Linux, it disables some of my Windows plugins
(like Windows Pidgin Options) Is there any way to fix this? (I guess one
option would be to make a one time copy of the profile and keep the logs
folder soft linked)

Regards,

Ashish Vashisht