multiple instances of pidgin / Windows - easier method?

Geoffrey Lane freeballer at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 14:13:01 EST 2008

I'm running pidgin in windows, I typically use it and just leave it on for
hours. But a friend has been staying with and wants to use pidgin instead of
some sort of other prog... Problem comes up trying to get multiple working
without closing mine first and/or typing the command(s) on my account and
his (and that seems only way to do this). I even tried making a batch file
and add to group policy to start when user logs in but that still hasn't
worked.

Command I'm using is: "set PIDGIN_MULTI_INST=1″

Is there another method to allow this? reg fix, startup option, etc...
that's worked for someone else in past
please help, no sure where to go from here

Thank for time,
Geoff