[Fwd: Pidgin]

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Sat Nov 29 19:45:14 EST 2008

In the future, you should try the application before asking the
developers trivial questions that take up time which we could otherwise
spend improving it.

On Sat, 2008-11-29 at 09:33 -0500, Nathan Walp wrote:
>         1) If I only use AIM and no other Instant Messenger programs,
>         do I still install the full program and just use the AIM
>         option?

Yes.

>         2) How much system resources does Pidgin take when not running
>         and running?

I think the answer for "when not running" should be immediately obvious
by definition.

When running, it's going to vary based on how many accounts &
conversations, etc.

>         3) Is Pidgin 100% compatible with Windows Vista Home Premium?

If you mean, "Will it work?", yes.

>         4) Is it possible to save IM conversations in Pidgin?

Yes, you can save them on an ad-hoc basis from the Conversation menu of
an open conversation or automatically by activating logging in the
Preferences (on the logging tab).

Richard