Pidgin tray icon disappearing

netbean3r dreammaster_max at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 30 05:07:30 EST 2008

Hi,
I'm using OpenSuSE 11.0 which comes with KDE4 by default.  I installed
Pidgin and the tray icon consists of a grey square.  When I have chat
windows open there is a tiny (orange?) square in the lower right corner of
the white square.  It flashes when I get a new message.  I noticed at some
point that the regular pidgin icons were back, and earlier I may have
changed some of my graphics drivers settings and now the white square icon
set is back.  I have no idea if this is a graphics glitch or if it's
actually using different icons or something.  Any insights?