[Question #47833]: I have accounts in gtalk and msn and I like to use anyone at a time. how can I do this??

Bhavani Shankar question47833 at answers.launchpad.net
Mon Oct 13 01:50:12 EDT 2008

Question #47833 on pidgin in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin/+question/47833

Bhavani Shankar proposed the following answer:
yes you can do that

first configure msn account

to have msn support:

paste the below  commands in a terminal

sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude install libgtk2.0-dev libxml2-dev gettext libnss-dev libnspr-dev pidgin

and configure msn account

Then

google talk

refer

and to login automatically to both the accounts

In the password field enter your account password

In the Local alias field enter your nick name, check remember your
password option

and check new mail notification option if you want new mail notification

and click on save then again Click on accounts -> Add/edit

and check the enabled option to connect to your account automatically
when pidgin starts

Regards

Pidgin Support, which is an answer contact for pidgin in ubuntu.