"Hide new IM Conversations" change?

Tashfeen Bhimdi tbhimdi at bhimdi.com
Thu Oct 23 15:54:07 EDT 2008

I just noticed a change from Pidgin 2.5.1 -> 2.5.2 and wanted to know if
it was intended (and reversible).

I have it set so that ALL IMs sent to me blink the systray icon, but in
2.5.2 it seems as if only new IMs are blinking, replies to my previously
closed windows automatically popup the IM window in the middle of
whatever I'm working on.  This is while using XMPP, but I don't know if
that matters much.

Is anybody else experiencing this?  Is this reversible to the old
behavior?  I couldn't find a bug in the trac about this, but didn't know
if it was intended or not.  Thanks.

--
Tashfeen Bhimdi