"Hide new IM Conversations" change?

Tashfeen Bhimdi tbhimdi at bhimdi.com
Mon Oct 27 09:29:06 EDT 2008

Ka-Hing Cheung wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 03:54:07PM -0400, Tashfeen Bhimdi wrote:
>> I just noticed a change from Pidgin 2.5.1 -> 2.5.2 and wanted to know if
>> it was intended (and reversible).
>>
>> I have it set so that ALL IMs sent to me blink the systray icon, but in
>> 2.5.2 it seems as if only new IMs are blinking, replies to my previously
>> closed windows automatically popup the IM window in the middle of
>> whatever I'm working on.  This is while using XMPP, but I don't know if
>> that matters much.
>>
>> Is anybody else experiencing this?  Is this reversible to the old
>> behavior?  I couldn't find a bug in the trac about this, but didn't know
>> if it was intended or not.  Thanks.
>
> I don't recall any changes in this area in between 2.5.1 and 2.5.2.
>
> -khc

I just sat down with a co-worker this morning and did some testing
between 2.5.1 and 2.5.2, both of them using GTK+ 2.12.12, all plug-ins
disabled, and "Blink on New Message" checked in systray.  Looks like the
"Hide new IM conversations" setting in Preferences in 2.5.2 doesn't
work.  Well, the "Never" setting works fine, but Always and When Away
don't seem to work.

Uninstalling 2.5.2 and installing 2.5.1 with no other changes made the
setting work as it should again.  Time to file a bug report I think.

--
Tashfeen Bhimdi