[Question #49392]: Segmentation fault when launching pidgin

Daniel Atallah question49392 at answers.launchpad.net
Wed Oct 29 21:31:24 EDT 2008

Question #49392 on pidgin in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin/+question/49392

Daniel Atallah proposed the following answer:
On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 11:58 AM, Keno
<question49392 at answers.launchpad.net> wrote:
> New question #49392 on pidgin in ubuntu:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin/+question/49392
>
> Trying to run pidgin 1:2.5.0-0ubuntu2~hardy1 running Ubuntu 8.04 - the Hardy Heron released on 4/08
>
> Every time it is launched a segmentation fault is the result.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Here is the debug txt:
<snip/>
> (11:56:30) prefs: /purple/proxy/username changed, scheduling save.
> (11:56:30) prefs: /purple/proxy/password changed, scheduling save.
> Segmentation fault
> keno at DRA00760:~$

I suspect you're seeing a bug in parsing the GNOME proxy settings that
is fixed in 2.5.2.

-D

Pidgin Support, which is an answer contact for pidgin in ubuntu.