[Question #37150]: Annoying Popup Information on mouse-overs

gcb question37150 at answers.launchpad.net
Thu Oct 30 13:42:26 EDT 2008

Question #37150 on pidgin in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin/+question/37150

gcb posted a new comment:
May I suggest reopening this? I think a saner default would solve this
much better then extended preferences.

Considering that 90% of the time when a user put the mouse cursor over
the contact list his intention is to click on a contact or use the mouse
wheel to scrol up or down. that tool tip usually hides the intended user
targeted by the user if his mouse mouse pointer enters the contact list
off by some pixels and completely disables the scroll functionality.

I personally use it on 2500 instead of the default 500. But i think a
1500 as a new default would make it more similar to other applications'
tooltips.

Thank you.

Pidgin Support, which is an answer contact for pidgin in ubuntu.