Info about auto-replies

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 12:23:41 EDT 2008

* John Bailey had this to say on [01 Sep 2008, 11:56:56 -0400]:
> David Balazic wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I noticed in the preferences ("Status / Idle" / Away / Auto-reply)
> > an option for auto reply. But nowhere I see a way to set the auto reply.
> >
> > Is this some default message ? For what protocols does it work ?
> >
> > David
>
> Autoreply works only on AIM, as it's the only protocol with a notion of
> autoreply.  Autoreply always replies with the status message; this is not
> optional or configurable.

The 'autoreply' plugin [1] allows specifying the autoreply message. It
also support sending automatic replies in protocols that don't have
built-in support for this feature.

[1] http://plugins.guifications.org/trac/wiki/autoreply

Sadrul