Focus issues in conversation window

Stu Tomlinson stu at nosnilmot.com
Thu Sep 4 12:06:57 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 11:54 -0400, John Moore 3rd wrote:

> Tweak-UI for XP handles the 'focus stealing' issue very well.  I see no
> real need for Pidgin [or any other Application] to override My
> configured Settings.  It takes less than a second to click inside the
> Compose box and make sure You do not inadvertently Post in an IM
> something unexpected.  :)

This is all irrelevant because David was asking for the input area to
get focus (and input) when typing with the conversation window already
having focus but not specifically the input area, nothing to do with
switching focus between *applications*. This already works in some cases
(eg. normal text when focus is on the conversation scrollback).

Regards,

Stu.