copy contacts in pidgin

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri Sep 5 04:50:40 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 9:03 AM, Daniel Dalton <d.dalton at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I copy my contacts from my old msn account to my new msn
> account? Instead of doing each one manually?

AFAIK MSN keeps the authoratitive list of contacts on the server, so
any local changes to config files (IIRC located in ~/.purple) are
likely to be for naught.  Though it might still not hurt to try.

A route that is likely to work is scripted adding of contacts,
personally I'd look into the abilities of pymsn (the debian package
name is python-msn) to see if it can be used.

/M