Pidgin Privacy options

Evan Platt evan at espphotography.com
Fri Sep 5 14:50:41 EDT 2008

That doesn't sound like the defaults to me.

As a matter of fact, ICQ will not allow Black All users. If you set that
as your privacy setting, it will be lost the next time you change your
status (ie away to available).

As to whether a block option actually prevents someone else from seeing
you depends on the protocol. But I believe for the most part, yes.