[Question #45660]: how to run microsoft office live messnger in ubuntu

real_magiz question45660 at answers.launchpad.net
Sun Sep 21 23:31:02 EDT 2008

Question #45660 on pidgin in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin/+question/45660

real_magiz is still having a problem:
i will try. but i would like to mention one thing. In Windows XP, to use
LCS, client must be member of domain and windows messenger must point to
address of LCS .

so user must have domain account  yourname at company.com address and with
that, we use messenger

ONe day , my friend at work said he wanna hook with windows messenger and
asked me to configure. he gave me office 2003 installer for Mac and with
that Windows Office Live Messenger is included.

amazingly i found it is cool and with his domain user name and simply by
pointing to LCS, it worked.

i really admired Apply enable that feature and so user friendly.

actually i dont wanna stick to Windows and Ubuntu might have that easy to
use user friendly feature. . thanks!!!

anyway i will try like you said!!

--
Nay Myo

Pidgin Support, which is an answer contact for pidgin in ubuntu.