Name resolution

Yang Zhang yanghatespam at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 03:04:02 EDT 2009

Hi, whenever I sign on to Pidgin, there are a number of users whose full
names are "resolved" (meaning they appear in the buddy list and in IM
conversations before each line), but there are also some users whose
full names are "unresolved" (meaning I see something like
"someuser at gmail.com/Gaim0AABE5F9" instead of their full name).  When I
open the user's info window, however, the name is resolved.  When I exit
and return to Pidgin, the users I manually resolved become unresolved
again.  Anybody know what's up with this behavior?  It's not very
serious, but it's annoying.  Thanks in advance!
--
Yang Zhang
http://www.mit.edu/~y_z/