Server-side contact list

Dave Warren lists at hireahit.com
Thu Apr 9 18:42:09 EDT 2009

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 09:33:32 +0900, S Yun <iriyun at gmail.com> was claimed
to have wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I've got the following message this morning for the first time:
>(someone) is at your local buddy list and not on the server side list. Would
>you like to put the person on the server side?
>
>I clicked 'yes' and now I want to know what has happened.

When pidgin connected to the server it found a contact in your local
Buddies XML list that wasn't known to the server.

When you clicked "yes" pidgin added the buddy to your buddy list on the
server.

Generally having an out-of-sync buddy list isn't a good idea, either add
the contact to the server or delete it from your local list.