OSx & sipe plugin any hints on getting the build to work

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Thu Apr 16 13:34:12 EDT 2009

Nicholas English spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I've been trying to build the pidgin-sipe 1.3.3 plugin as I need to access
> Live Communication Server (LSC) on our domain :-(
> The windows dll works fine but all my attempts to build one for OSX bug out.
> I've tried macPorts & Fink
> - Pidgin went in fine with MacPorts but
>
> Fink always fails to build

[snip a bunch of fink errors which are totally finch-unrelated]

Your fink seems to think that bdb is a dependency of finch, and I have
no idea why.  In any event, these build problems are not with finch,
they're with fink or your build environemnt and the bdb package.

You might try macports, I have more luck with it than fink in recent
years.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.