the issue about how to regiser msn client to Openfire server's msn gateway directly

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Thu Apr 16 13:35:37 EDT 2009

ChO₂ spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Registering Pidgin with a Jabber/XMPP transport is not supported yet,
> but you can register with the transport using another client. Once this
> is done, the transport will work with Pidgin as well.
>
> However, this feature is (as far as I know) being worked on.

This feature is *not* being worked on to my knowledge, and is not
likely to be taken up by any regular developers in the near future.
While we recognize that many XMPP users use transports, we don't view
Pidgin as the place to do so.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.