Logo licensing question

Ralf Hölzemer r.hoelzemer at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 19 06:01:53 EDT 2009

Hello Pidgin devs,

i am here to ask a somewhat unusual question - but first some context.

I made a 3D version of the pidgin bird in blender in order to create another
vehicle for the game supertuxkart [1].
Now, the supertuxkart devs require to license such contributions under the
CC BY-SA 3.0 license [2].

Therefor i wanted to know if the Pidgin logo (bird/text) is licensed in any
form that would prevent such a distribution - and of course if you are
generally okay with the idea of the pidgin bird driving around in a kart. :)
I searched the wiki at pidgin.im and the source tarball, but i was not able
to find any information about the license.

Could somebody please enlighten me?

Thanks in advance,
Ralf Hölzemer

P.S.
You can find some screenshots of the kart in my gallery [3]

[1] http://supertuxkart.sourceforge.net
[2]
http://forum.freegamedev.net/index.php?t=msg&th=1384&start=0&S=beb0d65f7ddf7b3afdf1cee799e33149
[3] http://www.getdropbox.com/gallery/960685/1/pidgin?h=a6f435