problem with history 2.5.5

Robert Gan robgan at tmail.com
Mon Apr 20 14:54:18 EDT 2009

I recently formatted my computer and had to reinstall everything. so I
install pidgin as usual and then check off all the plugins I use. when I
used history 2.5.5 before everytime I closed an im box with a
conversation in it and open a new conversation from that person the
history would be there but in all black with a grey line indicating a
new conversation but when I installed pidgin now, it doesn't do that. it
just continues the conversation as if the im box was never closed. any
idea how I can fix this?

thanks in advance.
--Robert