Small contribution

Luc Ducazu ducazu at be.ibm.com
Thu Apr 23 05:53:16 EDT 2009

Dear,

I want to contribute a patch and and a small module.

The patch (tooltip.patch) is against pidgin 2.5.5 shipped with Fedora 10.
It basically re-enables old code to disable tooltips in the main window.
It is configured with pidgin -> blist -> tooltip_delay in
~/.purple/prefs.xml

The module (loc.c) is actually a minimalist implementation of
functionality in the Sametime client.
At IBM, we usually put our location in the status message (location being
building, floor, telephone extension, mobile phone number, etc).
The module updates the status message depending on the ip address the
client uses. It uses a configuration file ~/.purple/loc.xml that looks
like this:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?>
<locations version='1.0'>
  <loc network='9.36.152.0' netmask='255.255.255.0' status='IBM Brussels'
/>
  <loc network='9.36.153.0' netmask='255.255.255.0' status='IBM Brussels'
/>
  <loc network='9.36.113.0' netmask='255.255.255.128' status='IBM Ghent'
/>
  <loc network='192.168.42.0' netmask='255.255.255.0' status='Home' />
</locations>

The network and netmask fields do not need any explanation. The status
field should be the title of a saved status.

The module probably needs some polishing and could benefit from a GUI.
But it scratches my itch anyway ;-)

Greetings from Belgium,
And thanks for the excellent product.
-- Luc
Met vriendelijke groeten, Cordialement, Kind regards,

Luc Ducazu

Server Systems Operations, AIX System Engineer
GTS, Integrated Technology Delivery (ITD) BeNeLux

Office
+32 2 225 2070
IBM Belgium

Mobile
+32 475 305660
Bourgetlaan 42
E-mail
ducazu at be.ibm.com
BLS AZ504
W3ki
SSO BeNeLux
B - 1130 Brussels

This e-mail may contain proprietary or confidential information. It is for
the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has
misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this
e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose,
distribute, copy, print, or rely to this e-mail.

Tenzij hierboven anders aangegeven: / Sauf indication contraire ci-dessus:
/ Unless otherwise stated above:

International Business Machines of Belgium sa / nv
Siège social / Maatschappelijke zetel: Avenue du Bourget 42 Bourgetlaan,
B-1130 Bruxelles/Brussel
N° d'entreprise / Ondernemingsnr: TVA / BTW BE 0405 912 336
RPM Bruxelles / RPR Brussel