can I only allow my contacts to view my user info?

ChO₂ chemistrydioxide at quantentunnel.de
Fri Apr 24 14:08:07 EDT 2009

In order to do this, you need to use a server that supports making such
restrictions, you need the protocol to support this and you need support
for this in the client.

As far as I know, this is not supported by XMPP/Jabber, so neither
Pidgin nor the server could support it.

I'd also like to have a feature like that. Right now, I use to leave my
profiles empty and give my buddies the infos that they ask for manually.