pidgin is not connecting to gtalk / Yahoo.

明覺 shi.minjue at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 22:29:15 EDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Sushant Garg
<sushant.sgl.bmi at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
>
> I just switched from windows vista to Ubuntu 9.04 and i m facing problems. i
> can just connect to msn via pidgin. but yahoo and gtalk cant connect. it
> just says connecting. and thats it. no error messages nothing. i need help.
> i followed al the steps that were listed on ubuntu forums but it still
> doesnt connect.
for gmail, you only need to setup protocol:xmpp, username:your gmail
account name without @gmail.com, domain:gmail.com, password: your
password, and check remember password.
it should works, at least for me on both debian and vista.

> thanks
> Sunny

My platform is debian-sid-amd64 gnome kdevelop.