How to disable group view?

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Mon Apr 27 04:14:05 EDT 2009

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 10:03:40 +0200
Jeroen Coelen <coeluh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to disable group view? Because due some error I have 2 groups
> which I do not have in windows live messenger. Why is that?

Untick "Show empty groups" in the buddy list menu. These are server
side groups, Live messenger presumably suppresses them (I don't use it
so have no idea) where by default Pidgin does not.

--

Brian Morrison

   "Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud;
    after a while you realize you are muddy and the pig is enjoying it."