Mxit protocol pop-up ads

Mark Roux mark.myemailaddress at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 16:10:16 EDT 2009

Hi there,

I'm using the MXit protocol for pidgin (mobile chat protocol, from
http://devzone.mxit.com/libPurple/downloads/ which I know isn't
supported by pidgin), but I am wondering if there is any way to
prevent pop-up window ads that this plugin creates when pidgin starts
up? I've had a look around and can't find any way to do this (I'm not
even sure if ads are allowed, since its an open source plugin, seems
really cheap for them to do that). None of the current pidgin plugins
seem to help with this, since they all deal with blocking messages or
pop-ups from contacts, but is it possible that the MXit plugin could
be sending pop-ups without going through a contact? I'm not very clued
up on the whole set-up so I'm not sure how I would tackle it!

Thanks!
Mark