Trying to work out buddy lists

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Sat Aug 8 19:24:02 EDT 2009

On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 19:16:45 -0400
Josh Wilkinson <bringmeasunkist at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just downloaded Pidgin today for use with the Facebook chat pretty much
> exclusively. My problem is that none of my buddy lists or buddies were
> imported to Pidgin, and I can't seem to figure out how t manually add them.
> Is there a way to export a facebook list, or manually add friends on
> Facebook? Thanks in advance

First of all you need the Facebookchat Pidgin plugin:

http://code.google.com/p/pidgin-facebookchat/downloads/list

Once you've installed that and restarted Pidgin, set up an account with
your normal Facebook login details (note: I don't use Facebook myself,
so I assume it works this way) and the Facebook friends should then
appear in your buddy list.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde