"the message is too large"

Sulabh Mahajan sulabh.dev at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 08:29:26 EDT 2009

Hit "reply all" so that the list gets your reply.

I agree, discarded message is a pain, since most people won't know about
Ctrl + Up.

We know about Yahoo's 800 char limit, has been set by the
client/server/protocol. Nothing we can do about it, but yeah we should
handle the discarding of message in a better way.

I don't think it is a good idea to split message automatically, might mess
up with the text formatting.

Discarding is good, if we have an "obvious" way to obtain the message back.

You might want to (re-)open a ticket, present your point. Also the topic
might get attention, and you can obtain the views of the developers if you
send it to the devel list (devel at pidgin.im).

Thanks

-- Sulabh