2.6.1 - own messages delayed in MSN conversation

David Balazic David.Balazic at hermes-softlab.com
Fri Aug 21 05:24:20 EDT 2009

Hi!

I am having a conversation ovr MSN and suddenly my own messages
are not shown immediatelly:
 - I type a message and press ENTER
The message disappears from the typing area, but does not appear in the
top part (message list).
 - I type another message and press ENTER
The previous message appears in the message list, but not this one.
- etc

Sometimes the message appears, sometimes two messages get stuck "in the queue".
Or first message does not appear, then after typing the second, both appear.

Maybe it is related to the smileys issue ?

Here is in moredetails what happened:
ME: hello
HIM: hi
ME: (I pasted a text that contained standard smileys like "code:PXFG" - pidgin interprets
the ":P" part as a smiley...)

then some plain text is exchanged

HIM: (a custom smiley)
HIM: (a standard smiley: ":)" )
ME: (I paste another text, multiline, in bold)

here the problem started

after some more (plain text) exchange, the situation normalizes.

OS: WinXP

Regards,
David

http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com         Innovation, not litigation !
---
David Balažic                 mailto:david.balazic at hermes-softlab.com
HERMES Softlab                http://www.hermes-softlab.com
Zagrebska cesta 104           Phone: +386 2 450 8937
SI-2000 Maribor
Slovenija