I am in need of HELP

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Sat Aug 22 19:00:02 EDT 2009

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 17:40:34 -0500
Paula Williams <pjay999 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I work for Quicktate and just recently they are having us use Pidgin instead
> of Yahoo IM. Oh boy am I having problems. PLEASE HELP ME.
> The  first time I downloaded it, it installed but I could not get it to work
> as it    was supposed to do. It never alloted me any messages to transcribe.
> I tried everything for a whole day.
> Then when I deleted it and re-downloaded it. it wont install.
> Is there any way you can help me?
> OH. and I have gone over your FAQ's and there was nothing I found for just
> plain install help, downloading help, nothing for a novice.

I assume you are using Windows? If so, how did you uninstall Pidgin?
Did you use the Add or Remove Programs icon from the Windows Control
Panel? That's probably the best way to remove it. Open the program from
the control panel and then find and uninstall Pidgin from there.

Then, once you have a clean download of pidgin-2.6.1.exe, find the
downloaded file and double-click it, then simply follow the 'next'
button and accept all of the defaults at each stage.

After the installation, select the check box to start Pidgin and once
it opens from the Buddy List select Accounts then Manage Accounts and
click the Add button.

I assume you want a Yahoo account, so select the protocol as Yahoo and
fill in just username and password. Make sure that you do *not* include
@yahoo.com in the username field.

Then check to see if you can connect to the server.

If this doesn't help please come back and provide an explanation of
what went wrong at which stage of the process.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde