Pidgin logs folder is nested

Glen Haber glenbolake at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 03:32:17 EDT 2009

I was looking through the logs directory on my computer (both of them,
actually. One is running Vista Home Premium and the other is running
Windows 7 RC) and I noticed something odd.  Inside my logs directory,
there is another folder called logs.  This nesting actually continues
for 8 levels.  .purple\logs\logs\logs\logs\logs\logs\logs\logs\aim is a
folder on my computer!

I was wondering exactly why this happens and if there is any reason to
keep the nested folders.  It seems that there are multiple copies of
many of my logs this way.  The existence of these nested log folders
adds 44.3MB

Thanks in advance,

-Glen Haber