[META] Public mailing list nature of support at pidgin

David Balazic David.Balazic at hermes-softlab.com
Tue Aug 25 05:20:44 EDT 2009

Evan Platt wrote:

> But the main problem is a lot of people don't read.
>
> "MXIT Problems? DO NOT POST THEM TO THIS LIST. CLICK HERE."

I found this message because I was looking for it, after you mentioned
it.
Otherwise I would never notice. That page has like 100 lines of text.

Also, about the About:
 - the mail list link says only "Help", not "Help in english".
_Assuming_
the translated version is the same, why would a french user of french
Pidgin think that french is not a desired language on that list?

Some developer like tu use the excuse "I/the computer/the program can't
read minds".
Well here's a newsflash: Users can't either ;-)

 - the about dialog text starts (besides the verion number) with some
dull,
license-like text. In years of usage I never scrolled down to see the
bottom.
Useful info should not be preceded by legal bla bla (read: stuff
unimportant
to 99,999% of living beings)

Hoping this will cause an improvement and not a flame war.. ;-)

Regards,
David