ICQ & Jabber

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Thu Aug 27 09:57:14 EDT 2009

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 08:49:39 -0500
Briggs Library Reference <ummlib at morris.umn.edu> wrote:

> I upgraded from Pidgin 2.6.1 because our ICQ and Yahoo accounts were not
> functioning. The upgrade solved the Yahoo issue, but ICQ is still not
> functioning and now Jabber is not working either. I have tried disabling
> the account and then enabling to no avail. Jabber shows up in the
> Accounts drop-down menu. ICQ does not.

Download this:

http://pidgin.im/~nosnilmot/2.6.1/srvfix/libpurple.dll

and with Pidgin closed copy it over the existing file in C:\Program Files\Pidgin.

http://d.pidgin.im/ticket/9956 explains why you need to do this.

That should fix any Jabber/XMPP problems.

I don't know what is wrong with the ICQ issue, can you generate a debug
listing and post it here?

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde