Multiple chat accounts

Paul Aurich darkrain42 at pidgin.im
Thu Aug 27 10:53:06 EDT 2009

And subbu iyer spoke on 08/27/2009 07:48 AM, saying:
> Thanks Paul!
>
> i tried doing that, but it still does not work.
>
> I am able to connect to gtalk using Pidgin when i am outside the office
> network, however as soon as i get into the office network, the gtalk
> gets disconnected and i get logged into the office XMPP network. however
> both not working simultaneously

From this log, it looks like your office might be blocking connections to
Google Talk.

One thing you can try is, in the GTalk account's settings, check both
Require SSL/TLS and "Force old (port 5223) SSL", set the Connect server to
talk.google.com, and connect port to 443.

That may or may not work; if it doesn't, you will probably need to contact
your IT department and ask them to unblock GTalk.

~Paul