Facebook and Skype and Plugins

Evan Platt evan at espphotography.com
Thu Aug 27 16:29:29 EDT 2009

At 01:24 PM 8/27/2009, you wrote:

>And two people have already told you this and where to find them!

Two questions this thread brings up, I don't know if it's open for
discussion or just a question for the mods..

The common 'protocol' is to reply to the group.

But - correct me if I'm wrong - if a person simply looks in the help
file and e-mails support at pidgin.im, they aren't subscribed to the
list. So when someone replies to the list, that person will never see
the reply(ies) - correct? Should this perhaps be modified? Maybe not
allow a person to e-mail support at pidgin.im without - at the very
least, getting an e-mali back telling them they need to subscribe
otherwise they won't see replies?

This would also solve the problem that's come up quite a few times
recently of "OMG! I sent my user ID and password to a mailing list!"
or "What?! This message was confidential!"

Second question - can we disable HTML - rather allowing people to
post HTML? There's no reason (IMHO) a 1 line message of "I can't
connect to the XMITT server" should contain 200 lines of HTML
garbage, a JPG embedded with the company image, etc....

Thanks. :)

Evan