question about libpurple

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Thu Aug 27 19:20:48 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Christian
Nagel<christian.nagel at goobernetworks.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> i guess that you provide the libpurple under GPL. In this case we can't use
> in our produkt goober.com, because that is not open source software.
> could we buy a licence to use your libpurple in goober?
> Best regards,
> Christian Nagel

Hi Christian!  Thanks for your enquiry.  It is not possible for us to
grant you a license under any other license.  There have been many
contributors to libpurple over the past 10 years, and it is not
feasible to track them all down and request their permission in using
a different license.  (It is also unlikely that everyone would be ok
with a non-GPL license, but this point is moot.)

Thanks,
Mark