Windows Pidgin and Comodo Certs

Paul Aurich darkrain42 at pidgin.im
Mon Aug 31 21:53:34 EDT 2009

And Bill MacAllister spoke on 08/31/2009 06:01 PM, saying:
> Using Pidgin 2.6.1 on Windows when a new user connects to our Openfire
> Jabber server Pidgin complains that it cannot find the root
> certificate for our Comodo certificate.  This does not happen using
> Pidgin 2.5.5 on ubuntu or for other web applications that use other
> Comodo certs on the same Windows system.  Is Pidgin on Windows being
> shipped with a certificate store that doesn't contain the Comodo root?
>
> Bill

On Windows (and *nix distributions that do not build using
--with-system-ssl-certs or do not offer a certificate directory), Pidgin
uses a limited set of CA certificates shipped with the program, which does
not currently include a Comodo root.

Could you point out which specific root CA you use (key fingerprint
ideally, some other uniquely identifying characteristic also works) so that
we can add it to Pidgin?

~Paul