Pidgin and graceful synching of Google Profile pictures

Thomas Brownback thomas.brownback at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 20:07:38 EST 2009

I've noticed that loading Pidgin with a Google Profile account seems to
reset the avatar there.

This seems like possibly a design/spec issue, but I wanted to flag it in
case anyone was not aware.

1. Set an avatar in google profiles via the website.
2. Use pidgin.
3. Return to google profiles website to find avatar deleted.

Expected:
Maybe Pidgin should not always push images, it might want to pull an avatar
sometimes. Not 100% what the best policy is here, maybe current behavior is
lesser of two evils, but I'd be interested in any thoughts folks have on
this.

Thanks for letting me crash this support mailing list!

Best,
Thomas